Labor Day weekend Grampy and Grammy Sommers came to visit and brought more presents for our little girl. She is already very well spoiled and hasn't even made her grand entrance yet. Grampy brought her a couple of little pink teddy bears, so she got her first teddy bear from Grampy. Grammy is making all sorts of burp cloths, a blanket, and recovered the cushions on our rocking chair so that it doesn't clash with the living room. They also brought a Minnie Mouse onesie back from Florida when they were visiting Aunt Abby and Uncle Max.
They also loaded up their car with some of the larger items they got for us. One of them was the rocking chair and ottoman for our nursery (more on this another day) and the other was the car seat that I really wanted. Now this car seat that I wanted is one of the convertible car seats that has all the extra safety features and all that. I didn't think of this until after the car seat was purchased, but the convertible car seats require more space when they are rear facing than they do once they are front facing. Hence the need to the new car.
We had already been talking about wanting a crossover suv so that we could have a bit more space and have the car seat in the middle while still having room for the dog to travel with us. So we started our search now. Dan says the old car seems to be nearing the end of it's life so it is about time. So we'll have to see where the search takes us.
spoiler alert: I already picked out the car I want. ssssssshhhhhhhhhh.... don't tell Dan.
And now for the other part of the title to this post... if you have never worn maternity pants, they are the strangest things in the world. When my parents were here for the weekend Mom offered to go shopping with me since I hadn't bought any pants yet and was living in workout clothes and occasionally wearing jeans with a belly band. These pants are a giant piece of elastic, no buttons, no zippers, and they will grow with me as I continue to get bigger over the next few months. Verrrrry odd. But I should pretty much be set for the rest of the pregnancy unless I see something I just can't live without. We were even able to find a winter coat so that my belly won't freeze once it doesn't fit in my regular coats.
So thank you to Grampy and Grammy for everything you have been doing to help out so far. We appreciate it all very much!
End of Summer and The First Day of School 2018
7 years ago
What???????
ReplyDeleteYou might be welcome....Grampy and Grammy? I don't think so. We'd do Gramp and Gram or Grandpa and Grandma, but we do require some dignity. "Mommy"
View profile for Andrew »
Maternity pants are the best invention in the world. I wish that the "regular" clothes designers would get the hint that elastic is a girl's best friend. Maternity clothes are just so comfy...in my opinion! :) I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. There are so many cute ones out there now too! Enjoy that growing belly and enjoy all that spoiling from your mom and dad!
ReplyDeleteSeriously........Grampy and Grammy??????
ReplyDelete