Simon Daniel Kroll. Born March 12, 2013, 4:40AM. 6 pounds 12 ounces, 20 inches long.
Simon arrived bright and early on Tuesday, March 12. I think I may be on the hit list for the labor and maternity nurses here after how quickly he came. I started having extremely mild contractions a couple of weeks ago. Then they intensified a bit Saturday night. I called Gran and Papa on Sunday so that they could come up and be here with Evelyn. They had just left on Saturday from helping us finish up a few things to prepare for his arrival. Monday night the contractions increased a bit more. At 3:20 Tuesday morning my water broke, I woke Dan up and we headed to the hospital. We got there around 4 and I suggested to the nurse that we may be in a bit of a hurry. The doctor was delivering another baby, so we had to wait a bit for her to get there, but at 4:40 AM our little man entered the world!
Gran and Papa brought Evelyn to the hospital to meet him once she woke up that day. (She chose that day to sleep in past 9.)
She was very excited to meet him!
She got to come to the hospital twice to see him that day.
When we brought Simon home the next day Evelyn was still all about "Baby Shymon."
Daddy and Evie reading Simon a book.
Evelyn getting in on Simon's little photo session.
Gran meeting Simon at the hospital.
Papa with his Grandson.
We are settling in at home now and are all doing great! Evelyn is still pretty excited and has to check-on and give kisses to Simon every few minutes. Simon is just the perfect little man!
Congrats, he's a doll! I ran into your dad in the grocery store a few weeks ago...he seemed pretty excited to at long last have a little boy in his life! =) Glad to hear all is going well! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a cutie! Great choice on the name; very dapper for the little man. I hope all is well in these first few days as a family of four. :o)
ReplyDelete